Mozart’s Operas: A level Study Afternoon
- Thursday 1 March 2018 - 2-4.40pm
- Oglesby Atrium
- Free Event - must be booked in advance
A special study afternoon for AS/A Level Music teachers and students, exploring the Operas of Mozart, including The Magic Flute and The Marriage of Figaro.
- Welcome and plenary talk in the School Atrium by Dr. Sam King, Head of Music in the Curriculum at Chetham’s
- A choice of themed sessions by Academic Music staff discussing orchestration, characterisation and social contexts
- Musical and vocal demonstrations by Chetham’s students to support fuller understanding of the works.
This is a wonderful opportunity for students and their teachers, to investigate and experience classical operatic music. The programme is based on the AQA specification, but makes useful connections with other approaches. We welcome enquiries and/or bookings from all teachers of Music at AS/A-Level.
Please book one ticket per group and specify your group size at the next stage.
When booking, you will be asked to choose two of the following three session options for your whole group:
SESSION A: Operas of Mozart: Social and Cultural contexts
SESSION B: Operas of Mozart: Effective Characterisation
SESSION C: Operas of Mozart: Orchestration and Style
The study day is free of charge. Limited places available – must be booked online in advance. Group leaders will be contacted by outreach before the event to check objectives and final detail.
All students must be accompanied by an adult.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com