Main Open Day
- Saturday 6 October 2018 - 10am
- Across Chetham's
Registration has now closed for this Open Day, but don’t worry if you haven’t signed up or if you’re bringing additional guests – you’re very welcome to turn up on the day
Throughout the year we open up the school, inviting visitors to meet staff and students, explore our purpose-designed school building, hear rehearsals in progress and find out more about our music programme, academic study, boarding and welfare.
Open Days are a perfect opportunity to discover more about Chetham’s, whether you’re thinking of applying, finding out more on behalf of your music students, or simply interested in discovering what we do!
- 10am – Meet staff and take a tour with current students
- 11am – Welcome from the Principal, followed by age-specific sessions for Years 4-8, 9-11, and Sixth Form. We strongly recommend arriving by 11am if you are thinking of applying to Chetham’s.
- 12pm – Pre ordered lunch bags available from the Atrium bar (please order by midday on Thursday 4 October)
- 12-2pm – Meet staff, visit rehearsals and performance classes
Prospective students and parents will have opportunities to have all of their questions answered – from financial and academic arrangements, to catering and weekend activities. All visitors will be guided by current students, and the schedule for the day includes time and space to meet individually with instrumental staff, the Head and Bursar, as well as to view the spaces in which Chetham’s students live and learn.
Main Open Days take place each October and January. Students of all ages are invited to discover the entire school, dividing into age groups – Juniors, Secondary and Sixth Form – in the late morning to discuss matters relevant to their stage of learning. In the afternoon, visitors are free to explore rehearsals and chat individually to key staff, and general visitors without a specific interest in applying are welcome to join us for this part of the day.
Book a packed lunch bag to eat during your Open Day visit – £3.50 per person