When a child joins Chetham’s, both the student and their family become part of our wonderful community of music-lovers.
We work with families to help young people adjust to the changes that come with a specialist education, whether they are boarding or travelling from home each day, and work with you to ensure that you stay closely connected to your child’s education – however far away you may live.
Information about Chetham’s, including policies and procedures, can be found using the links and downloads on this page. However, we know that you may want more information on your child’s daily life and progress, and we have a number of resources to help you stay in touch.
The Parents’ Gateway gives you to access your child’s timetable, school reports and other personalised information. All new parents receive a log in for the Gateway before their child starts school.
All students and their families are invited to at least one parent-teacher meeting during the year, with additional meetings for new students and for those preparing to make choices about subject options or higher education applications. Between these meetings, you are always welcome to contact academic, music or pastoral staff to discuss students’ progress, to raise concerns or to ask questions. You should never feel that a question is too small; we are committed to the welfare of every student, and look forward to working with you to help your child make the most of studying at Chetham’s.
Key School Policies
- Accessibility Plan, September 2023
- Admissions Policy, November 2023
- Assessment Recording and Reporting Policy, November 2023
- Compensatory Education Manual 2023 – 2024
- Concerns & Complaints Policy, November 2022
- Counter bullying, September 2023
- Curriculum Policy, October 2023
- Data Protection Policy, November 2023
- Equal Opportunities, September 2023
- Exams Internal Appeals Procedures, September 2023
- First Aid Policy, January 2023
- Health & Safety Policy, November 2023
- Independent Safeguarding Commission Report, 2022 – 2023
- Online Activity Policy and Procedures Extract, September 2023
- Privacy Notice Students and Parents, September 2023
- Privacy Notice for Staff, November 2023
- Risk Assessment Policy September 2023
- Relationships, Health and Sex education, September 2023
- Remote Education Policy, November 2023
- Risk Assessment Policy, October 2023
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures, October 2023
- Safer Recruitment Policy, November 2023
- Spiritial, Moral, Social and Cultural Education, September 2023
- Sustainability Policy – Sodexo at Chetham’s, July 2019
- Supervision Policy, October 2022
Additional policies are available upon request from Mrs Lesley Haslam, 0161 838 7214