Book an Advice Audition
We are happy to offer pre-application advice and guidance about the suitability of making an application to the school. If you feel this would be helpful please send an email to email@example.com, with the following information about the person whose performances we will be assessing:
- Full name and date of birth
- Your main instrument (including Voice and Composition) and any others you study. Length of time learning each instrument*, details of any exams taken, regularity of lessons
- Information about musical activities they participate in – ensembles, choirs, etc.
- Your postal address, or which area you live in
- Anything else you think may help us to give you the most useful advice and feedback, including any additional support that is needed to help your child access and enjoy a full educational programme.
We will then contact you to make arrangements for your visit. Please note that visits and auditions take place during term time and during the school day.
Ideally the advice audition should take place in person at Chetham’s, but we realise that this isn’t always possible. If you are unable to visit in person, you can include YouTube links to video recordings of at least 2 pieces on your principal study instrument, as well as scales/arpeggios that reflect the level of repertoire presented. We would also ask you to begin the video/s with a short, spoken introduction of yourself and the pieces you are going to present.
There is a standard charge of £25 for advice auditions. However, if this cost presents a barrier to your accessing our advice, please let us know as we may be able to help.